Now Hiring – Technical Support & Quality Assurance Lead (Remote)
Customer Support has always been an important area of focus and investment within MuseThemes – over half our team members work in support. As a membership website, it's essential that our members feel they have a team behind them who can help guide them through technical or business problems. Businesses that prioritize finding new customers over supporting existing ones are destined for mediocrity, and that's never been the type of business I want to run.
In the last couple of weeks I've become very focused on refining our support processes, improving response times, boosting customer satisfaction, and ensuring our products are meticulously tested. I believe we can do better when it comes to support, and we've been working on a new plan for restructuring our support team and implementing new tools to improve efficiency.
A major component of this plan involves hiring a new role within the company – a Technical Support & Quality Assurance Lead. In a nutshell, this new role would oversee our support team members, thoroughly test our products prior to release, and ensure the highest level of customer happiness and satisfaction.
Considering that prior experience with Adobe Muse and MuseThemes products is a major asset for this position, I thought it made sense to send this posting to our community first. You know best how our themes and widgets work, along with the areas where we excel and potentially fall short. The complete job posting is listed below, but I thought I'd quickly summarize my goals and hopes for this new team member:
Steve's Wish list
- You're passionate about helping people and solving problems. Leaving a customer unsatisfied or a problem unresolved might keep you up at night.
- You have a strong sense of urgency. Things needs to get done quickly, and members should not be kept waiting. Good news or bad, you'll get it to them fast.
- You're honest, emotionally intelligent, and have a thick skin. Support questions are not always warm and fuzzy, so you need to relate to the customers frustration, keep cool, and diffuse the situation in a professional way.
- You have a mind for efficiency and constant improvement. You'll never stop looking for ways to become better, and you're not afraid to implement crazy new ideas and tools (even if they fail).
- Remote work is right for your life. The flexibility you'll have in work schedule is a major perk for you (and your family), and as a result there should be no question whether you're putting in the hours required to get the job done.
- Your writing is clear, friendly, and professional. Typos are not cool when communicating with customers. We've had one major typo in a newsletter over the last 3 years, and it still bothers me.
- *Bonus – you're a Muse / MuseThemes expert user and can jump in right away.
*Why is this a bonus? I believe the soft skills and "foundation" required to work in support is more essential than Muse knowledge. Software can be learned, but a passion for helping people is something you develop and we can't teach that...
How to Apply?
Shoot us a note and resume referencing this job to email@example.com. Include a quick paragraph about why this role is a fit for you (brevity is appreciated!). Unfortunately we can't respond to every submission, however I'll be in touch if it feels right. A big thanks to everyone that applies. The official job posting is included below.
Note – this is a remote position, and your location does not matter.
Technical Support & Quality Assurance Lead
Type: Full-time Contract
As the Technical Support and QA lead, you’ll be responsible for ensuring MuseThemes products are carefully tested and meticulously supported. Overseeing a small team of remote support agents, your goal is to manage, inspire, and optimize our customer support team and processes.
A passion for customer service is essential for success in this role, along with a genuine desire to help our users accomplish their goals and grow their businesses. This is a remote position – you'll be required to join group calls and stay in the loop on Slack, however the work can be completed from any location. This is an ongoing contract position with full time hours.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Establish customer support procedures and policies
- Train, mentor, and audit remote customer support agents
- Analyze support metrics, generate reports, and explore ways to optimize our support process
- Defuse tough situations and ensure customer happiness
- Test Adobe Muse products to ensure proper compatibility and functionality
- Work with product development team to fix bugs and improve products
- Monitor the web for new web technologies and potential product ideas
- Familiarity with Adobe Muse and third party plugins is a major asset
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- A sense of urgency and desire to respond quickly and accurately
- Ability to research and solve the Adobe Muse and web design related problems our community encounters
- Ability to communicate research in a clear and straightforward manner to our customers and production team
- Ability to identify / track bugs and cross browser test
- Willing to pitch in wherever necessary
- Capable of working independently and on a team
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Understanding of the latest trends and usability in modern web design
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite applications is an asset
Would love to apply for this job, however, I live all the way out in Windsor, Ontario. To far to commute.
Hey Wes – this is a remote position, so you can live anywhere! We have team members in Romania and Indonesia… Windsor is just around the corner compared to those guys. Thanks!
Such a shame, I’ve just started a new position. This would have been perfect for me as a member of MT from the very beginning and also a software support engineer with over 20 years experience!!
If you need any consultancy/part-time help, let me know!
Sounds great. What’s the package in terms of hours, salary etc.
I am in Bermuda and would like to apply. I am a big fan of the styling of your widgets and would love the opportunity to work more with them.
Hey Steve, I’m a big fan of Muse-themes.com and whole-heartedly believe Adobe Muse is such a great alternative for those of us who don’t think 100% like web developers. Which is why Muse allows us to enhance our creative power.
Anyways, I’m just curious about the amount of time dedicated to the position. Nowadays, most jobs of this sort are “as needed” versus a traditional 40-50 hours a week type of position. So my question is two-fold, as a “remote” employee of Muse-themes.com, are there any benefits to the employee package and can this position replace my full-time position? Thanks in advance!
Hey Steve! You know what, I’m not a native English speaker but I’m considering applying for this position. I don’t really know how it would work out but I actually thought of voluntarily helping you guys some time ago – and I think I strategically help you guys once. I must admit my resume isn’t really impressive comparing to others out there but I’m very confident I have all the skills necessary to reach MuseThemes expectations. I’ll email you shortly. =) Thank you!
Hello Steve, I am very interested in this position. I live in NJ and am looking for something just like this. How do I get you my resume?
Hi Steve, have you posted compensation and benefits anywhere? Many thanks.
What’s the salary? My mother language is Spanish, I’d be interested in do this in Spanish if you have Spanish speaker users. I bet you do.
I see this is a full time contract. How long is the contract for?
Hey Steve – that peeve about the typo? Sorry, but this post makes two. Look again, you’ll find it! Proofreading is very important in posts! I will try to send an appropriate application/résumé soon.
Bravo Steve! Just a thumbs up for the application requirements being customer centric. I have owned and now consult for numerous large companies. If I could only impart and get people to be inspired to aspire as to what you have it would mean there would be lots more happy customers. Excellent post for a hire…I might want to use it myself!
Just got your job employment offer, and I thought to propose my name. I am a professional website designer, I have been using Muse for many years now. You can explore my portfolio www.studiomdesign.ca I will LOVE to assist, coach and help people using your services, I can do all that in English and French as well.
If you like I can email you my resume, no problem.
Take care and hoping to hear about you soon!
Professional Graphic Designer
Wow. This would be a dream opportunity for the right person. What I know about Adobe products, I learned on my own. Admittedly, I believe I’m a bit green to qualify, as my resume is mostly customer service and clerically oriented. I built one website with Muse and I loved working with the software. I have the entire CC version at my home but don’t get to use it as often as I’d like. I have all your skills & qualifications except for being an expert user of the suite.
Steve, if you ever have an intern opening or an entry level position, I would love to talk to you. And if by some chance you think you’d like to see my resume, I’d be glad to send.
It would be wonderful working for muse-themes!! Wow!! I live in Spain (Málaga) and my first language is Spanish. Are you looking for English speakers only?
Sound interesting ,
i’m an IT since 20 years now. Worked and councils (project support) in different fields.
But i ned more details about the proposal. To be sure if my skills are in the right path.
Reading your invitational eMail I had my blood pressure go up. As your customer i have experienced your team as such a blessing and the idea, to be a part of the team is simply great! I wished I had the skills you need – but I’m still a toddler;-)
I gratulate anyone who is able to become a member of your team. You do a fantastical job! Thank you!
Klaus O. (from Germany)
I am a graphic designer with a fulltime,work from home schedule – so I’m sure this isn’t going to be the job for me. I love that you put the job out there for members to be able to apply! Maybe there will be something in the future that would be a good fit for me. :) Thanks for the opportunity!
Can you please elaborate on ‘Full Time’? – for example, the number of weekly hours and the daily start/finish time based on my time zone (I’m based in New Zealand)?
Many thanks, Julian.
I am a Adobe guru. Have been making sites since the inception HTML. many years. I do use Muse regularly and must say I couldn’t live without my Muse-Themes account. I have many years of customer service experience netting a career 11 service awards. I am currently seeking another challenge. I’m intrigued to say the least!
This is the perfect job and not geospecific (I might have made that word up). I live in New Zealand so a lot of people sleep while I’m awake?
Hi! Any chance you are looking for part time contractors as well?
This sounds like a great job. But, do you have anything a little more entry level like product testing?
Always working with your software on every production that I do for my clients.
Just like everyone else Steve, I’d like to explore options such as working for your team. I’ve downloaded and tested almost every MT widget you’ve put out, for paying the membership. Because of your tools, I’ve had the opportunity to gain government contracts for various website work, and nonprofits as well. An opportunity to push my skills to the next level and work on your team would be an awesome experience. Look forward to hearing from you.
Frank King IV
Will you let us know how the process is going? Are new applicants still being considered? I was wondering if the Muse update might have really spiked your workload.
All the Best,