Instructions - Video Backgrounds Widget
In order to display HTML5 video and ensure browser compatibliity, we need to upload two versions of our video - an .mp4 file, and a .webm file. You can convert any video to these file formats using the free website: http://www.online-convert.com
We do not recommend using HTML5 video on the mobile or tablet versions of your website.
STEP 1 - UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS
- Open a new or existing Muse website.
- Click FILE > ADD FILES FOR UPLOAD.
Select your video files and a pattern overlay (overlay is optional)
- The next time you publish your website, these files will be uploaded to the /assets folder.
STEP 2 - LOAD THE WIDGET
- Download the Video Backgrounds widget to your computer (.zip). Extract the contents to a folder on your computer.
- Double click the “.mulib” file - this will add the widget to Adobe Muse.
- Once the widget is loaded into Muse, drag and drop it out onto the canvas.
*Note - you may want to remove any page fills that will layer above the video.
STEP 3 - LINK YOUR VIDEOSClick on the widget options flyout (blue arrow), and edit the
options as follows:
- Video File (.mp4) – the name of the video we added for upload, in .mp4 format
- Video File (.webm) – the name of the video we added for upload, in .webm format
- Loop Video – turn this off to stop playback after first run. Turned on by default.
- Pattern Overlay – the name of the pattern file we added for upload (leave blank for none).
- Pattern Opacity – control the opacity of the pattern overlay, in %. Lower numbers mean the pattern is subtle, and barely visible.
- Specify Error Message – if a browser does not support HTML5 video, this error message will be displayed.
STEP 4 - PUBLISH THE SITE
Click publish in Muse. Uploads for videos othen take longer, due to the increased file size.
For more help using this widget, visit our support portal