Instructions - Full Width Video Widget
In order to display HTML5 video and ensure browser compatibliity, we need to upload two versions of our video - an .mp4 file, and a .webm file. You can convert any video to these file formats using the free website: http://www.online-convert.com
We do not recommend using HTML5 video on the mobile or tablet versions of your website.
STEP 1 - UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS
- Open a new or existing Muse website.
- Click FILE > ADD FILES FOR UPLOAD.
- The next time you publish your website, these files will be uploaded to the /assets folder.
STEP 2 - LOAD THE WIDGET
- Download the Full Width Video widget to your computer (.zip). Extract the contents to a folder on your computer.
- Double click the “.mulib” file - this will add the widget to Adobe Muse.
- Once the widget is loaded into Muse, drag and drop it out onto the canvas.
STEP 3 - LINK / POSITION YOUR VIDEOSClick on the widget options flyout (blue arrow), and edit the options as follows:
- Video File (.mp4) – the name of the video we added for upload, in .mp4 format
- Video File (.webm) – the name of the video we added for upload, in .webm format
- Specify Error Message – if a browser does not support HTML5 video, this error message will be displayed.
Once you've linked your videos in Muse, simply drag the frame dimensions to any size you wish. To have the video extend the full width of the browser, drag the left / right boundaries of your frame to snap to the edges of the canvas (a red vertical line will appear).
Please note that the video will always expand to the full width of the frame it's within, so it's not possible to create tall / skinny videos using this widget.
STEP 4 - PUBLISH THE SITE
Click publish in Muse. Uploads for videos othen take longer, due to the increased file size.
For more help using this widget, visit our support portal